Anti Narcotic Cell
As per the order of Govt. of Kerala GO (MS) No 205/2013/Nov, TVM dt 09/12/2013, an Anti – Narcotic cell was constituted at Kristu Jyothi College of Management and Technology, Changanacherry, Kottayam, to ensure a drug free campus by imposing a total ban on the possession or use of drugs and alcohol by students of the college, within or outside the campus/ hostel..
“Quit Drugs, Choose life”
- To impose a strict ban on the possession or use of drugs in the campus
- To engage student volunteers to create a drug-free haven of knowledge
- To Motivate the student community to actively participate in awareness programmes conducted by the cell
- To provide counselling sessions for students who display tendencies towards such drug or alcohol use.
Activities of Anti-Narcotics Cell
- The duties of the anti-narcotics cell include organizing awareness programmes in the college and hostels with the help of government authorized agencies/ organizations.
- Educating the students about the ill-effects of drugs and alcohol, encouraging peer policing among students against the use of drugs.
- Creation of an anti-narcotic force within the campus with students specially trained for the task by the Excise Department in the locality.
- NSS along with Anti- Narcotic cell can conduct webinars and conferences creating awareness of the ill effects of use of drugs among the student community – Poster presentation, Street Plays, Distribution of Flyers, Celebrating days associated with the theme can be encouraged
- Ensuring no sale of tobacco/narcotic products inside the campus.
Online Grievance Submission: Click Here
An effective vigilant committee has been constituted inorder to execute the functions of the cell and also to impart an awareness campaign against use of drugs in the campus.
(A Male and a Female Staff should be appointed. Their pics with designation should be given in the website page. Their active cell number too should be included for contacting purpose. They too should be trained by the local Excise department along with the selected few students (2) from each department. A male or female staff (only one) from the psychology department would be of help as they can help in counselling sessions.
- Joshy Cheerankuzhy (Principal)
- Excise Officer from the Locality
- One Staff other than the HOD from every Department
- PTA Members ( 2 – one male and female)
- Student Task Force Heads (2 – one male and female)