National service scheme (NSS)
The National Service Scheme (NSS) unit at our college aims at developing a sense of social and civic responsibility among the students of the college. The NSS unit of the college strives to promote a feeling of empathy in students towards fellow beings. The programs organized by the unit are initiated in such a way that students can actively involve in community service.
Members of NSS unit
The National Service Scheme (NSS) aims at arousing the social consciousness of the youth with the ultimate objective of personality development through community service. NSS unit of Kristu Jyoti College consist of 100 Volunteers. The motto of the program is “Not Me, But You”.
Enrollment Drive and Orientation Programme
NSS Enrollment drive was conducted in the month of July and enrolled 50 volunteers for the year 2019-20. In order to orient the new comers an orientation program was conducted on 22nd July 2019.
The official inauguration of NSS activities for the year 2019-20 was done by Mr. Varghese Antony, Panchayath President, Vazhappaly Grama Panchayath, on 25th July 2019. The College Principal Rev.Fr Joshy Cheeramkuzhy CMI presided over the meeting and NSS Programme Officer Mr. Christin Mathew, extended vote of thanks for the dignitaries. The programme was followed by Cultural activities by the members of the NSS, which marked the beginning of NSS activities and helped the students in their emotional and mental growth.
Teachers In Charge
- Mr.Christin Mathew (Programme Officer)
- Mr.Vivek C Vijayan
- Ms.Sunanda Rajagopal
- Ms.Sheena Susan Baby
- Ms.Bisna Jose
- Mr.Akshay Kumar & Ms.Hitha Hari
Activities of NSS unit
- Jaivam – To create an awareness among the general public about organic farming and there by promote it in houses to meet the household need for vegetables, to provide useful tips on ecofriendly farming techniques and also to promote effective waste management. NSS volunteers covered 3500 + houses in Madapally Panchayat.
- Election Support System-NSS volunteers of Kristu Jyoti College helped differently abled persons in vazhapally grama panchayat to vote in Loksabha election and thereby ensuring maximum polling percentage.
- Puzhanadatham– Puzhanadatham is a program in which NSS volunteers participated in cleaning the area around Chethipuzha kadav and conduct awareness class regarding preserving rivers.
- Cultural exchange program of MG University– The students got an opportunity to adopt various cultures of India and get familiar with them along with cultural interactions and rapport session.
- 7 Day Camp – A seven day camp was organised by NSS Unit of Kristu Jyoti College. The aim of the camp is to instill an idea about social welfare among students, and to provide service to society without bias.
- NSS Unit of Kristujyoti college conducted the following activities
- Road Safety awareness class.
- Anti-Narcotic classes for creating awareness among students
- Awareness regarding Women abuse and protection Programme
- Aids Awareness Programme.
- Yoga Classes
- Blood Donation Camp
- Environment protection Rally.
- Public Place Cleaning